A wonderful couple

A wonderful couple
Jason Yune (Yunie) and Sung Yune

Sunday, March 13, 2011

like Night and Day

Today Blake and I went to go visit Uncle Jason after a birthday party we attended for one of Blake's little buddies. We were in the neighborhood so I decided to go visit. As Sandra mentioned, he's at Kaiser now so it's a different facility. It's further from North County so a bit harder to get to but nonetheless he's being cared for. Sandra agreed to watch Blake so I could go in and see Uncle J (sorry, just feels weird to call him Yunie when my whole life I have called him Uncle Jason or "cool uncle").

He's still in the ICU. When I arrived Uncle Alex was there (Aunt's brother) and the golf channel was on. I smiled - Uncle loves golf! Uncle saw me and gave me a big smile. He was so "normal" it was unbelievable! The physical therapist, Maureen, came in and tested a bunch of things - walking, getting in and out of bed, resistance against her push on his arms, legs, etc. He passed with flying colors! He walked around the ICU with his IV still attached to his arm. He's on phenylephrine and that's about it. He gets dizzy when he gets out of bed - I assume that's from his low blood pressure. It was around 93/60 when they tested him. They want it to be at least 100/60. I'm assuming his dizzyness comes from the low blood pressure.

I got to sit and chat with him for about 35 minutes. His memory seems very good and his sense of humor is there! It's so refreshing to see him alert and awake and joking with the nurses. This is the Uncle Jason I know. He develops such strong relationships with everyone. I can tell the medical staff there likes him. He told me he is anxious to go home. The PT said her concern are the stairs at his house. They may send a PT to his home so that he can continue to work on balance, etc. although he seemed to be doing very well when I was there.

I too, believe, this is by the Grace of God that Uncle Jason has had a miraculous turnaround. A week ago I was not sure if he would survive. He was literally seemed like he was on life support and was unresponsive for about 3.5 days. To see him up and about was great! He told me he could help my father-in-law recover fast from his stroke (last July) through acupuncture. My uncle is trained in acupuncture and I have heard from a lot of my friends the benefits of such treatment.

I know he is anxious to get back to the deli but we all need to encourage him to "take it EASY" so he doesn't end up back in the hospital. The doctors are taking it a day at a time.

Thank you to everyone who has visited, sent cards, support, meals, etc. for the family. I know they all appreciate it. Extended family members have been tremendous in their support and prayers as well.

Miracles do happen! Continue to pray for continued healing. I'm on business travel most of this week so either Janet or Sandra will be updating the blog - keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment