A wonderful couple

A wonderful couple
Jason Yune (Yunie) and Sung Yune

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Floored!

Okay, Helen here. Janet and I are tag-teaming as I'm at work but on my lunch break I might add! So Janet just called me and told me that Yunie is alert. The breathing tube is out!!! But he's still very uncomfortable. Initially he was looking at his arm (you have to picture a million tubes, IV's are poked into him). He asked Janet where he was and she told him the ICU. The last thing he remembered was that he was in the ER. At least he has his memory! Thank God!

His voice is very weak - almost as though he has laryngitis. But he is able to speak. Janet said he is swallowing okay and he is coughing which is another excellent sign. He keeps wanting to spit so that's a sign that his brain is telling him to use his airways to bring something up. It's like night and day from the last time I saw him. I wish I could be there but alas, there's money to be made...

From a neurological standpoint the doctors are not concerned although they do need to run a myriad of tests i'm sure to test just how "together" he is but from the sounds of it, he is recognizing Janet, talking a bit in Korean, and wanting to get back to the Deli (of course being the workaholic that he is).

That was the 5 minute update I got from Janet. It's very important that she is there as she has been the one continuous source to the doctors and they've established a relationship with her which is important from a continuity standpoint. If any of you have good skills working in a deli, I know that's where they could use help right now so Aunt Sung can get away and be with Yunie. Poor Daniel is holding down the fort while Sandra and Steve tag team on the child care needs for Taylor and Caeden. Such progress in just 36 hours - let's keep positive about next steps...

Back to work - blessings to all.

1 comment: